As a patient of Hermitage Clinic, you'll be cared for by our team of consultant ophthalmologists and consultant ophthalmic surgeons. All our consultants offer care and expertise in their own specialties and continue to lead research in vision sciences. Many of our eye specialists also consult in major teaching hospitals in Dublin.
Our ophthalmology team will look after you throughout your diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
The team includes:
- Consultant ophthalmologists
- Consultant ophthalmic surgeons
- Ophthalmic clinical nurse specialists
If you're having an eye procedure with us, you'll most likely be able to go home on the same day.
Who we treat
Our consultant team offer consultation, testing and treatment of eye conditions. We treat a number of common and complex disorders at Hermitage Clinic.
- cornea and ocular diseases
- glaucoma (damage to the optic nerve)
- uveitis (inflammation)
- vitreoretinal diseases (diseases that affect the retina and the fluid around it)
- neuro-ophthalmic disorders (disorder of the nervous system)
- plastic and reconstructive surgery
- cataract surgery
What to expect
Most of our ophthalmology appointments take place on one day. This means if you have a procedure with us, you'll probably be able to go home on the same day.
Once you've had your procedure, we'll observe your recovery on our dedicated surgical day ward.
Our Ophthalmic Surgeons perform complex and laser eye surgeries using advanced on-site technologies.
- cataract and refractive surgery
- magnifying and telescopic lens fittings
Not all services are covered by health insurance. To find out if you're covered, contact your health insurance provider before your visit.
If you do not have health insurance or your health plan does not cover the full cost, you will need to pay on the day of your visit.
You might be able to claim fees on your insurance.
If you need to submit an insurance excess or pay inpatient fees after a stay at the Hermitage Clinic, you can pay your bill online.