We offer diagnostic testing for patients experiencing a range of symptoms and disorders including seizures, carpal tunnel and multiple sclerosis.
Our team includes:
- Consultant neurophysiologists
- Clinical neurophysiologists
- Neurophysiology technicians
Who we treat
Our neurophysiology team uses a variety of tests and equipment to help diagnose and treat a number of complex conditions. This includes:
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- polyneuropathy (damage to peripheral nerves)
- nerve compression syndrome
- pinched nerves
- muscle disease
- neuromuscular junction disorders
- autonomic disorders (damage to the nervous system)
- multiple sclerosis (a condition that affects the brain and spinal cord)
- trigeminal disorders (chronic pain condition in the face)
We carry out a number of tests to help check your neurophysiological health. These include:
- electroencephalographies (EEG)
- telemetry studies
- nerve conduction studies (to test carpal tunnel syndrome)
- electromyographies (EM)
- repetitive stimulation (to test for neuromuscular junction disorders)
- blink responses
What to expect
All tests are conducted in our Neurophysiology suite. When you arrive, a member of our team will greet you and discuss your test in full with you.
Depending on the type of test you have, your neurophysiologist may place electrodes on the area of your body that you are experiencing difficulty with.
For some tests, a small needle will be placed under your skin to measure how your muscles or nerves react to small impulses.
Most tests will take about 1 to 1.5 hours.
Not all services are covered by health insurance. To find out if you're covered, contact your health insurance provider before your visit.
If you do not have health insurance or your health plan does not cover the full cost, you will need to pay on the day of your visit.
You might be able to claim fees on your insurance.
If you need to submit an insurance excess or pay inpatient fees after a stay at the Hermitage Clinic, you can pay your bill online.