Haematology looks at the cause, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases related to blood.
Our Haematology department cares for patients with diseases of the blood. We diagnose and treat diseases that affect blood cells, haemoglobin, platelets and blood coagulation (clotting).
Our team includes:
- Consultant haematologists
- Oncology specialist registrars
- Haematology clinical nurse specialists
- Haematology laboratory medical scientists
- Blood transfusion laboratory medical scientists
- Haemovigilance clinical nurse specialists
Who we treat
We see patients who may show signs of a blood-related condition. This includes:
- coagulation abnormalities, such as haemophilia and thrombophilia
What to expect
On your first visit, you'll have a consultation with a consultant haematologist in their private clinic. We'll likely run some blood tests and other diagnostic tests.
Once we've diagnosed your condition, your consultant will discuss a treatment plan with you.
- anticoagulation therapies
- blood transfusion
Not all services are covered by health insurance. To find out if you're covered, contact your health insurance provider before your visit.
Visit our Health insurance and self-pay page for more information.
If you do not have health insurance or your health plan does not cover the full cost, you will need to pay on the day of your visit.
You might be able to claim fees on your insurance.
If you need to submit an insurance excess or pay inpatient fees after a stay at the Hermitage Clinic, you can pay your bill online.