Welcome to the Hermitage Medical Clinic Emergency Department
Mon – Fri 8am to 5pm Sat, Sun & Bank Holidays 10am to 5pm
Dr. David Foley is our Emergency Department Clinical Director and Consultant in Emergency Medicine.
Enquiries can be made to the Hermitage Medical Clinic Emergency Department on
(01) 6459016 / Email: email@example.com
Our Emergency Department is a rapid access service run by Emergency Medicine Consultants who have the full support of the full resources of the hospital including;
- On Site Laboratory
- State of the art radiology service with access to X-ray, MRI, CT, Fluoroscopy, PET/CT, Ultrasound, Interventional Radiology, Nuclear Medicine.
- State of the art Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory / Cath Lab
- Investigations and Diagnostics
- Stitching and Casting
- Medical/Surgical Wards
- Theatre and ICU
- Day Care Unit
- Direct referral access to the Consultant Suites
GP DEDICATED PHONE LINE
The Emergency Department offer a dedicated GP phone-line which is manned by an Emergency Nurse to facilitate direct referrals and discussion of individual cases. Please call on (01) 645 9999
- Sign In – You will fill in a registration form and will be asked to sign your paperwork to verify that all your personal details have been correctly entered
- Triage – A member of the Emergency Department specialist nursing team will assess you and assign you a triage category ranging from 1 to 4 depending on the clinical urgency. The triage nurse will also inform you about our current bed status and wait times if applicable.
- Clinical Assessment – Our ED Consultant(s) will assess you and decide what tests and investigations you need. These may include blood and /or radiology tests. The Consultant will make a decision on admission or discharge upon the results of these tests
- Admission – If an admission is required, the nurse will liaise with the Bed Manager re bed availability. Please note private rooms are allocated firstly by medical needs.
- Discharge – An ED discharge letter will be sent to your GP. If you require a follow-up outpatient appointment this will be arranged. If this is the case a referral letter will be sent within 24 – 48 hours
Which patients we CAN treat:
Patients presenting with a broad range of conditions including Cardiology, Respiratory General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Medical, Orthopaedic and Urology. GP referrals. Minor injuries, wounds and lacerations, sports injuries and fractures.
Which patients we CANNOT treat:
- Children under 16 years
- Acute Stroke/TIA, Neurological Emergencies
- ENT (Ear, nose, throat) Emergencies
- Ophthalmology Emergencies
- Gynaecology Emergencies
- Patients with acute psychiatric conditions
- Obstetrics patient
How much will it cost?
All patients presenting to the Emergency Department will be charged the initial consultation fee of €160. If the Consultant deems that additional tests are required, a fee will apply for these tests e.g. bloods and/or radiology test however, The Hermitage Emergency Department have a capped amount spend of €500 for outpatient services (i.e. this is the most you will pay, irrespective of how many tests are carried out). This cap may exclude CT and MRI scans, where a direct settlement arrangement may exist with your Private Health Insurer.
Some of the Emergency Department fees and associated charges may be recoverable through your health insurance, subject to your out-patient excess, and the balance through the MED 1 form.
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR MEDICAL HEALTH INSURER FOR FURTHER DETAILS and clarification ON your COVER PROVIDED or for CLARIFICATION IF A hospital admission IS NEEDED TO ENSURE YOUR cover IS APPLICABLE. The hospital bears no responsibility in this regard, and the patient is liable for any shortfall, or excess, not covered by their individual Health Insurance Plan.
Should a patient need to undergo a “day-case” procedure in the Emergency Department, such as plaster of paris application or wound suturing for example. The patient will be liable for the €160 consultation fee but your Health Insurer may partially cover other costs involved i.e. x-rays, crutches, plastering, joint aspiration etc.
Price summary of the most common investigative tests
|Blood Test||From €32-€62 each|
|X-Ray||€130 per X-ray|
|CT Scan||From €350 **Direct Settlement may apply**|
|MRI||From €275 **Direct Settlement may apply**|
|Physiotherapy Consultation||Initial consultation €60 Follow up €50|