In addition to our dedicated care team, Hermitage Clinic is honoured to be supported by our Daffodil Centre.
Daffodil Centres are part of the Irish Cancer Society’s information service. They're based in hospitals around the country. Our space at the Hermitage Clinic provides information, advice and support to patients, families and carers affected by or concerned by cancer.
At the Daffodil Centre, you can talk to cancer nurses and trained volunteers about any concerns you may have. Someone is always there to listen and to help give you the support you need, whether it's related to finding a local support group or talking through any financial difficulties. All conversations are confidential.
Who we see
Daffodil Centres are open to all and no GP referral or appointment is needed. We provide information, advice and support to any individual, including:
- cancer patients
- family members of cancer patients
- carers of cancer patients
- anyone worried about possible cancer symptoms
- healthcare professionals
- anyone who wants to learn about reducing the risk of cancer
We understand that needs will vary from person to person. This is why we offer information, advice and support on a range of topics, including:
- cancer prevention and early detection
- information about the types of cancer, treatments and side effects
- details of local and national cancer support services
- how to find the right practical help for things such as carer support, social welfare entitlements and travelling to appointments
- end of life services
- adjusting to life after cancer
In our Daffodil centre, we have a range of leaflets. Someone will always be available to help you find what you're looking for.
Not all services are covered by health insurance. To find out if you're covered, contact your health insurance provider before your visit.
If you do not have health insurance or your health plan does not cover the full cost, you will need to pay on the day of your visit.
You might be able to claim fees on your insurance.
If you need to submit an insurance excess or pay inpatient fees after a stay at the Hermitage Clinic, you can pay your bill online.